Keep yourself up to date with the latest happenings at Sierra Place Senior Living, located at 1111 W College Pkwy, Carson City, NV 89703. Simply click on any title below to find out more!
Stay tuned to find out about the exciting events we have planned!
Monthly Activity Calendar
The EverFit Club
Goal to encourage everyone to have at least 1.2 liters a day. Also to consider the health benefits of water intake avoiding high sugar drinks especially in between meals.
The body uses water to:
- To transport water-soluble nutrients to organs around the body.
- To transport toxins and waste products out of the body via urine.
- To send electrical messages between cells- for example, to allow organs to function, muscles to contract and relax, and eyes to focus on images.
- To control our body temperature and digest food.
- The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat burning process.
- Water helps maintain muscle tone by assisting muscles with their ability to contract, and it lubricates your joints. Proper hydration can help reduce muscle soreness when exercising.
- Drinking water with a meal may make you feel fuller sooner and than satisfied with eating less.